Staff engaging in communication with current students about the UWA student experience should refer to the instructions and advice below which is provided by Student Life.
The channels listed on this page are managed by Student Life for broadcast, community, access and listening communications as part of the Student Experience Communication Strategy. All communication on UWA Students digital channels must abide by the House Rules. To discuss opportunities for using these channels, contact email@example.com.
- Communicating to students using digital channels
- Student Life manages a number of channels targeting enrolled students including social media, digital screens, mobile app, Current Students website and askUWA. Each channel has specific media constraints, messaging and content criteria, and advance-notice requirements.
- Sending mail to student email lists
- Using large-scale email lists can be facilitated using a set of guidelines that includes a content template, information on selecting target audience groups and methods for requiring participants for research studies.
- Preparing content for UWA students social media channels
- The UWA Students Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter channels can host content from other areas of the University online. Each channel has specific media constraints, messaging and content criteria, and advance-notice requirements.
- NODE surveys
- Initiated by the Networking Online to Diversify Engagement (NODE) project, this annual survey reports UWA students' access to, experiences with and expectations of ICT.
- Gathering student feedback about digital programs and services
- The Student Superusers group is an opt-in focus group for digitally-savvy students to test and provide opinions on new University websites, digital resources, social media platforms, and other information communication technologies at UWA. Staff requiring student feedback about new or existing digital resources can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.